Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday randoms.

Happy Wednesday! We're getting close to the weekend, people.

Starbucks doesn't do pumpkin spice lattes here, so I made my own with this homemade pumpkin spice syrup. It's as easy as it is tasty. Toss 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, 1 1/4 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp cloves and 1/4 tsp ginger in a pot and get it boiling. Turn the heat down to medium and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally (or pretty much constantly if you're paranoid like me). Once it's particularly syrupy, remove from heat. You can store it in the fridge and reheat it when you need some. Add as many spoonfuls as you'd like, along with some milk, to your morning/afternoon/evening cup of coffee.

Yum!

Dad and I went to Hampton Court Palace this morning. We tried out the hedge maze and were defeated. After half an hour, we cheated and ducked out the "buggies and wheelchairs only" gate. I know, I know...lame, right? But hey, we were starting to get really hungry.

I've been very studious lately. Like, getting up at 6:30 in the morning to work on my essays studious. Mostly because I want to have time to spend with my dad while he's here.

It's funny having someone from home around, because it makes me hyper-aware of how my vocabulary is changing. Apparently, I say "pop in" and "hiya" often these days.

Did you know Cadbury makes more than just those creme eggs? Because it's pretty much got a monopoly on the chocolate sections of the grocery stores over here.

My closest friends were all back in Texas this weekend, which meant I got to Skype with them all at once. When they first appeared on my screen, all I could think was, "Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry." Not because I was sad. I was only a little sad. I was mostly just really happy to see them.

Technology is awesome.

And tomorrow, I'm heading to Ireland for a few days. So exciting! See you Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment